Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Breathe by Beni Rusani

A friend recently asked me to purchase a book for her from MPH. She recently moved to a different state in Malaysia, and apparently she doesn't have access to any MPH bookstores nearby!

Anyway, the book that she wanted was entitled Breathe. I thought it was an international fiction or something. Rupa-rupanya it was written by a local writer! And a doctor too! It was also on the MPH bestseller list, so that got me intrigued.

Despite buying the book for my friend, that didn't deter me from flipping through it. Terus sangkut! From the first few pages, tiba-tiba I found myself on the last page. *chuckles*

Honestly, I judge a book based on the first few paragraphs. Since I found the first chapter written beautifully, it prompted me to continue reading. I won't spoil it for you, but it was definitely a good read.

The book is not too thick, perfect for a light read. I read it in one sitting! I personally felt like I could relate to it, as it spoke about having heart complications, which is a subject very close to my family. (Hubby had a by-pass in 2011, due to a congenital heart disease.)

Highly recommended. Support local writers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz,

    One suggestion, maybe in the future your friend can purchase thru MPH Online. Dari nak beli satu buku, mesti terlebih beli...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...