Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Alhamdulillah, Ramadhan is Here - A Rustic Dessert Table

Alhamdulillah, Ramadhan is here...

In a blink of an eye, the holy month of Ramadhan is here again. Thank you Allah for sustaining our lives to meet this blessed month again. That being said, have you planned your spiritual plan for the month?

My in-laws had a small kenduri (bacaan Yassin dan tahlil) to welcome Ramadhan last weekend. As always, I was in charge of the baking and dessert table styling. I decided to try a rustic theme this time. The best part about the rustic theme is that, nothing has to be completely neat and proper. I could actually get away with just a crumb coat on my cake, flawed tiramisu layers and even jaggedly cut brownies!

The dessert table by the patio.

I used wooden crates to give it that rustic feel. 

Baked with love.

Designed my own chalkboard printables to complement the theme.

I also used candles with my gold tarnished candle holder to give it a more rustic feel. To keep with the earthy tones, I also used gold picture frames (instead of my normal white platters) for plating.

Filled the two tier rack with cookies, hummingbird brownies and a mini hummingbird cake.

I scoured high and low for those floral cupcake cases. After three trips to various baking supply shops, I finally found one that met my rustic theme. I made oreo cupcakes with buttercream swirls. Filled the tall jar with homemade sugar donuts. I had to make the donuts really fat and big to fit the wide jar nicely.

Brownies with marshmallow topping. Used my beloved blow torch to melt the marshmallow into that sticky glaze. I also filled the glass jars with chocolate nutella macarons.

Congo bars with chocolate and butterscotch chips. The two cakes in the background are chocolate moist cake, and red velvet cake with cream cheese. *drool*

Strawberry tarts in the glass platter. More matching printables for the frame and the flower vases.

Mini tiramisu with cream cheese!

And I simply have to end this trail of pictures, with a photo of Ian covered with icing sugar. Naughty boy pulled the tupperware filled with icing sugar when I had my back turned to him. (I was focusing intently on my tiramisu!!!)  My maid rushed to help him but I shouted for her to stop so that I could take a photo. I guess the whole commotion shocked Ian cos he burst out crying right after I took this picture. *chuckles*

The blessed month is upon us. As we dig into our hearts to clean them, I ask you to forgive me for any words spoken that may have hurt you or caused any sort of pain, for any betrayed trusts or for anything worldly that I may owe you, or for anything wrong that I may have done towards you. May Allah grant us all the tawfique to forgive so that insyaAllah after we cross the siraat, our debts to each other will be none and we can enter with peace into the gardens of paradise.

Wishing you and family a Ramadhan Kareem! May Allah accept each and everyone of your good deeds in this beautiful month, and may He enable us to achieve our very best in every way.

10 comments:

  1. Salam Ramadhan too to you & family. Love your writings and sharing, been reading your blog for 3 months now. Ohh and yes the dessert tables looks yummy especially those donuts. Mind sharing the recipe here? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi... thanks for reading my blog! 3 months now? Thank you so much for the support! As for the donuts, insyaAllah I'll draft a post about it. The donuts are quite simple, really. The only difference is the addition of potatoes, and bread softener and improver to make it fluffly ;)

      Delete
  2. Ramadhan Kareem to you & family. Discover your blog when i was searching for Halal Dimsum in town, been reading your blog since then as it was fun & enjoyable. Your desert table always look yummy & perfect... silent reader :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramadan Kareem to you too dear silent reader ;) And thank you for the compliments!

      Delete
  3. Where on earth did you find those crates lizzie? Please share.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear! They are actually my neighbour's crates. She ordered it through FB - Pertukangan Kayu D.I.Y Malaysia. They add so much character to the rustic theme, kan? I wish I have one of my own too, tapi takde sempat nak simpan. ;)

      Delete
  4. Salam ramadhan to you and family! And the dessert table looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam ramadhan to you and family too! And thanks for the compliments, dear ;)

      Delete
  5. Salam Ramadhan Liz,

    As usual I am very impressed with your decorating and food styling ideas. Cantik sangat!!! May you and family have a blessed Ramadhan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww..... thank you so much for the compliments Leila! Selamat berpuasa you you and family ;)

      Delete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...