Thursday, October 19, 2017

The Shoe

Have you guys seen "The Shoe", the latest colour illusion photo to take the Internet by storm after "The Dress"?



One look at the photo and I was super convinced that the shoe colour was grey and teal. Quickly showed the photo to Hubby who confirmed my suspicion that the whole world must see the shoe exactly as I see it. Grey and teal!

I jokingly showed the photo to Ian who mumbled something about black (haha!) and then briefly showed it to Aiden. Suddenly... He said. "It's pink!"

My jaw literally dropped. I gingerly asked, "Pink and...??" He answered, "Pink and white!"

Oh my god. Hubby and I were uber shocked. You see, the Internet is divided - some see it in grey/teal while the others in pink/white. And our son sees the shoe in a completely different colour than us. He's in a different camp! How come????

I then showed him "The Dress", and of course, he saw it in gold and white instead of black and blue like the rest of the world. *chuckles*

Oh my Aiden, you are certainly one special boy! I can't wait for Ian to be able to correctly identify non-basic colours so I can test it on him too!

Update: So apparently Ian can identify with the colour grey, and he clearly pointed to the grey as 'grey', and then the teal and called it 'blue'. So Ian is team teal and grey! :)

6 comments:

  1. hi, (not so) silent reader here. i was having the same opinion as u, team grey n teal. but, if u look closely, u'll realized that this pic was take in dark condition, so, it reflected the 'luminous' green colour. the actual colour is pink n white. so, yeay to ur son!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I love not so silent readers hehehe. Appreciate your very observant eyes tapi no matter how I twist my laptop around, nor play with my level of lighting, I simply can't see it in pink! But yes, the actual colour is pink and white hahaha.

      Delete
  2. Salam sis Lizzie, I see both! grey+teal in low light, and pink + white in another..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wsalam... waaaaahhhh how can you see both colours??? I really can't see any hints of pink (what more white) in it hahaha

      Delete
  3. i opened your blog yesterday and saw the shoe as pink and white. but today, it's grey and mint green. it does change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! How can you see it in both colours??? I'm still loyal to team teal and white hahaha :P

      Delete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...