Monday, November 10, 2014

Real Kids Plus vs Bahtera Ilmu Fee Structure 2015, 2018

*Updated to include the comparison chart for 2018, or read it here.

Yes parents, it is that time of the year again to scout around for the best schools and kindergartens for your child. If you are kiasu (like me!) I am here to help. If you are not, then you can probably wait another month or so tops, before you start freaking out. *grin*

So for the folks of Bukit Jelutong dan sewaktu dengannya, I took the liberty to compare the 2015 fee structure for Real Kids Plus and Bahtera Ilmu for your reference. More specifically, the half day english medium programme. (If you are looking for full day, contact the respective kindergartens for more info yeah?)

Since I had also done a similar assessment for 2014, I included the same in the comparison chart below, so that you get a feel on the fees increase per year. Note that the figures below add up to the ANNUAL total (hence the total you need to pay for the whole YEAR.)


Notes:
1) Real Kids Plus require a refundable security deposit of RM1000. This is not included in the list above as it is refundable upon when the child leaves the school with sufficient notification.
2) Uniform and sportswear are assumed the same for both kindergarten; 2 pairs of uniform and 1 pair of sportswear.
3) Bahtera Ilmu charges additional (fee not stated hence not in above) for field trips. However, this is already included in the Real Kids Plus fees.
4) Miscellaneous fees such as graduation and class photographs, ceremony fees etc. are not included in the above.
5) Disclaimer: Information is accurate at time of writing. But do let me know if my numbers are incorrect. (Engineers make silly math mistakes too, you know!)

It is quite obvious from the above that the annual total for Real Kids Plus is more than Bahtera Ilmu. However, if you were to divide that into 12 months for a per month average, in 2014 - Real Kids Plus was about RM148 more expensive. I guess that was what drove us to still choose Real Kids Plus. RM148 is like one family dinner in Tony Roma's!

However, this year Real Kids Plus has significantly increased their fee structure and the average difference is now RM229. It's a good thing I don't have to pay the registration fees (and security deposit) again - but really, that's actually peanuts if you spread that as an average throughout the year.

Anyway, if you are sending your child to kindergarten for the first time, please do not get a shock at these numbers. I know that feeling... how can kindergarten be as expensive as a semester in a local university??? *weeps together with you* Don't worry, government primary schools are cheap. Unless you are planning to send your child to a private/international school... *weeps with you again*

Lastly, here are the hard copies of the Real Kids Plus and Bahtera Ilmu 2015 fee structure for your reference.

Real Kids Plus Fee Structure - Half Day

Real Kids Plus Fee Structure - Full Day

Bahtera Ilmu Fee Structure

*Update* Here's the comparison chart, updated with 2018 numbers:



It is quite obvious from the above that the annual total for Real Kids Plus is always more than Bahtera Ilmu. However, if you were to divide that into 12 months for a per month average, in 2018 the difference has dropped to ~RM196 (versus ~RM 230 in 2015).

For a hard copy of the complete fee structure for both Real Kids Plus and Bahtera Ilmu, I've attached this in a new blogpost, here.

17 comments:

  1. what's your opinion on the whole public vs private vs international school? my eldest is in british int school as we are staying abroad at the moment. but im still torn whether to head back or not. i want the boys to learn how to be msian but at the same time i'm very worried abt our education system, social probs.. etc etc. decisions, decisions..btw, ive requested to follow u on ig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I prefer to send the kids to international school if the $$$ permits. Of course this will be a costly investment because the kids will never be able to get govt scholarship for their tertiary studies, hence parents have to foot the bill till they graduate. Public versus private is a bit of a toss up. I like the idea of the public smart schools but concerned about the number of students per class. On the contrary I like the private school smaller classes but concerned about quality of teachers (and whether my kids would turn out to be stuck up and berlagak) *sigh*

      Anyway, what's your IG handle? I have so many friend requests, can't seem to identify which one you are :)

      Delete
  2. kan? hubby said we should concentrate on college fund and send them abroad whilst i was more concerned on our public schools' fiasco at the moment. we still have another 2/3 yrs here insyaa Allah so i guess we ll cross that bridge when we come to it. but the intl school fees are bloody expensive!! *wails* my ig is jmusa01

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my don't even get me started on international school fees. Aiden and Ian will only get to go for that if we go on an expat assignment and the company pays for it. Nak bayar sendiri... erk......

      Delete
  3. Hello dear..Thank u for the useful info.Im planning to send my daughter to real kids and bahtera ilmu.In you opinion rather than the fees, which one do you think is the best ? Hope to hear from you soon

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it wouldn't be fair for me to compare both cos I have never tried Bahtera Ilmu. I have neighbours who send their kids there and haven't heard any complaints. Suggest you go to both and have a look for yourself? But Real Kids has been great for Aiden and rest assured that it will be money well spent for your child. Teachers are very dedicated and they go all out for the kids!

      Delete
  4. Outstanding experience in 2014 with my 5yrs old daughter. Highly recommended friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you! Is your daughter in Bukit Jelutong as well?

      Delete
  5. Nice info.Looking for son,my 3 doter previouly send to Taska/Primary Sch at Sri ACmar,Bdr Baru Klg but now we're looking RKs.Tq for RKs info..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This info is certainly helpful although dah lama..hehe.. I too am looking around and my daughter still has about 1 1/2 years to go. Maybe i'm kiasu (LOL) but i like to scout around and take my time to see the best available options. I just visited the BJ branch and am inclined to consider because of recommendation and they provide care till 6pm as I'm working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeay! Glad to hear that this info is (somewhat) helpful. Suggest you contact them for the latest fee structure for the year. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. Thank you a lot for the info dear.. got a shock after looking at the fees structure. I guess the one you provided is the KL branch yea? I placed my daughter in Johor Nusa Idaman branch last year for half day program & monthly is RM 400 & in total yearly I have to allocate within RM 5000. Looks like fees in KL is a bomb which rise to RM9k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I provided is the Shah Alam branch. I heard the fees have subsequently gone up again. Good luck to all of us! *chuckles*

      Delete
    2. Hi, I am just curious. I know RK have the smming, taekwando classes etc. Are these classes included in the fees or are there any additional fees for these classes? Thanks!

      Delete
  8. I'm currently staying in Malacca and wanting to look for a pre-school for my twin daughters. They turn 3 in dec this year and we are confused at what age should they really go to school. There's also a matter of school fees since we have to think for two and not one child, finance is a going to be thigh. I know that your blog entry is about other states but I stumbled upon it while googling for information on fee and school list. I just realized that we only focus on the monthly fees but there are other additional fees that we have to think about and your entry made me realized it and worried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's not just about monthly fees but you have to consider all the other additional fees that are hidden within. Best to enquire ahead and insist that they table out all required payments for the year so you can plan your expenditure. Good luck! :)

      Delete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...