So for the folks of Bukit Jelutong dan sewaktu dengannya, I took the liberty to compare the 2015 fee structure for Real Kids Plus and Bahtera Ilmu for your reference. More specifically, the half day english medium programme. (If you are looking for full day, contact the respective kindergartens for more info yeah?)
Since I had also done a similar assessment for 2014, I included the same in the comparison chart below, so that you get a feel on the fees increase per year. Note that the figures below add up to the ANNUAL total (hence the total you need to pay for the whole YEAR.)
1) Real Kids Plus require a refundable security deposit of RM1000. This is not included in the list above as it is refundable upon when the child leaves the school with sufficient notification.
2) Uniform and sportswear are assumed the same for both kindergarten; 2 pairs of uniform and 1 pair of sportswear.
3) Bahtera Ilmu charges additional (fee not stated hence not in above) for field trips. However, this is already included in the Real Kids Plus fees.
4) Miscellaneous fees such as graduation and class photographs, ceremony fees etc. are not included in the above.
5) Disclaimer: Information is accurate at time of writing. But do let me know if my numbers are incorrect. (Engineers make silly math mistakes too, you know!)
It is quite obvious from the above that the annual total for Real Kids Plus is more than Bahtera Ilmu. However, if you were to divide that into 12 months for a per month average, in 2014 - Real Kids Plus was about RM148 more expensive. I guess that was what drove us to still choose Real Kids Plus. RM148 is like one family dinner in Tony Roma's!
However, this year Real Kids Plus has significantly increased their fee structure and the average difference is now RM229. It's a good thing I don't have to pay the registration fees (and security deposit) again - but really, that's actually peanuts if you spread that as an average throughout the year.
Anyway, if you are sending your child to kindergarten for the first time, please do not get a shock at these numbers. I know that feeling... how can kindergarten be as expensive as a semester in a local university??? *weeps together with you* Don't worry, government primary schools are cheap. Unless you are planning to send your child to a private/international school... *weeps with you again*
Lastly, here are the hard copies of the Real Kids Plus and Bahtera Ilmu 2015 fee structure for your reference.
|Real Kids Plus Fee Structure - Half Day|
|Real Kids Plus Fee Structure - Full Day|
|Bahtera Ilmu Fee Structure|