Friday, December 22, 2017

Pooped

OMG. Where do I even start.

I'm swamped - up to my head. My new role keeps me on my toes most of the time, and of course - so much to learn, so little time. My calendar is full with meetings, to the point that I've had to completely block out certain days to prevent people from booking my time. I've also been giving a lot of energy and attention to work, clocking over 10 hours on certain crazy days; hence the kids are feeling slightly tersisih. And the only reason why I am able to write this, is because I'm stuck in a car on the way to a getaway with the family. My first day off in December!

Other than work, Ian's 4th birthday party kept me equally busy last week. (Such bad timing!) But still - I persevered. And I'm so glad I did, because Ian, being the sweet little boy that he is, was totally excited and extremely grateful. He kept saying thank you for every little thing that I was baking at home. Made it all absolutely worth while!

We toyed around with the idea of cancelling his birthday party, especially since we had made the trip to Legoland back in November. Tapi in the end, tak sampai hati because he kept asking "What (theme) is my birthday??" *chuckles* So in the end we relented. Initially he wanted Paw Patrol tapi mane pulak I nak carik anjing as a mascot. Hence after much coaxing, he vetoed against his Babang's idea of a Minecraft party and went with a Hot Wheels party! I'll save details of the party for a separate post.

Family photo.

Sneak peak of the dessert table. Doa banyak banyak that I will find the time to blog about this!

Anyway, we're currently heading for a beach getaway in Kuantan. This is actually our annual holiday with a couple of close neighbours. The plan is to mandi pantai and eat eat eat. Currently on the list is Patin Masak Tempoyak in Temerloh, Ana Ikan Bakar Petai in Tanjong Lumpur, sata and celup tepung at Gerai Mokna, Cendol Air Putih and of course, the night bazaar at Teluk Cempedak!

Hopefully I can still fit into my pants come Tuesday (back to work again)!

To my blog readers who are celebrating Christmas, have a blessed Christmas. And to everyone else, Happy New Year. May 2018 be kind and prosperous.

2 comments:

  1. Happy holiday . Been a long long time ago since i last went to the above mentioned places in Pahang. Happy belated bday to your son too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday ian. dah besar dah. lama tak jenguk cni.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...