Monday, August 13, 2018

33 Weeks

5 weeks away from a full term baby!

Alhamdulillah, since my last blogpost at 30 weeks, I have done leaps and bounds in terms of necessities for baby AY. Some were purchased via online shopping (BabyDash is the best!) while the rest were from the recent Mothercare sale. And I managed to refrain myself from buying anymore baby clothes; super proud of myself! *chuckles*

So here is my a photo of my recent baby shopping spree:



As I said, we’re reusing a LOT of Aiden and Ian’s stuff, but I simply cannot run away from purchasing certain things as brand new. Consider this as a baby shopping checklist untuk anak kedua or ketiga dan seterusnya:

  • Baby hair brush. Grabbed the cheapest out of the lot, which incidentally was from Tommee and Tippee. Nak sikat rambut jer pun! Although I am sincerely hoping that she has thick hair like Aiden, but curly like Ian.
  • Baby toiletries. Did my research online and finally settled with the Mustela range. Zaman Aiden dulu, Johnson and Johnson tuh dah kira top range dah tuh. *giggles* Purchased the shampoo, wash gel, moisturizing cream and diaper rash cream. HappiKiddo online was selling them at more than 50% off so I borong terus. Minyak angin is always minyak Yu Yee Cap Limau cos I really love the smell.
Mustela smells really good too.

  • For hygiene, baby wipes from Snapkis and Alexa. Euky baby hand sanitizer in two sizes, one for visitors and the smaller one for the diaper bag. 
  • Cotton wool and cotton balls for the early diapering days. Plus baby cotton safety buds. 
  • Medela nipple cream yang super mahal but super effective. Disposable breast pads for those leak days. Nursing tea from Joy Angel to boost my milk supply. 
  • Baby towel from Cleva Mama. Bought one in pink and the other in white. Should be enough. 
  • Baby binder (barut) from BumbleBee. Only because my makcik urut told me to buy one. Honestly, both my boys tak pernah berbarut pun. 
  • Muslin cloth/ napkins from Mothercare. I didn’t splurge on Aden and Anais (which is so in nowadays) cos my helper said, “Ala, nak buat kain lap jer Puan!” *chuckles* Was going to buy new swaddles too but a friend just gave me three of hers so that’s sorted!
My first time buying a barut!

  • Laundry liquid wash from NappiKleen, for washing all of AY’s newborn clothes.
  • Milk bottle from MAM and cleaning brush. I hope she doesn’t reject the bottle! Mini milk storage bottles for storing precious breast milk. 
  • Baby milestone cards, to record baby AY’s progress in photos. 
  • Disposable baby bibs from Pigeon. Wow, they didn’t have these back in Aiden’s and Ian’s days. It was going for real cheap so I bought it anyway although baby AY is eons away from solid food. 
  • Set berpantang. After much research, I settled with loose items from NR such as Minyak Herbanika for berurut, PhytoNatal pills untuk lawaskan perut and Akar Herbanika for drinking. Plus from Tanamera, Feminine Herbal Wash for you know what, and Brown Soap for showering. Everything else such as pilis, lulur and herbal bath will be prepared by my makcik urut, InsyaAllah.
  • Last but certainly not least... a new car! Hahaha my Mini is definitely not appropriate for three kids so I definitely needed something bigger. That’s all I’m going to say! *chuckles*

There are a few other things still in the list such as diapers, milk storage bags, car seat mirror, stroller fan and pati ikan haruan. But really, those can wait until at least I am discharged from the hospital. Plus the hospital provides maternity pads, disposable panties and newborn diapers anyway, so no rush. But I do have to send my Medela Freestyle for service soon; waiting for my SIL to return it to me so I can get that done.

Next weekend, I’m going to dedicate my weekend to staying at home and packing my hospital bag pulak. Honestly, walaupun this time around my feet baru nak start bengkak (with the boys my kaki bengkak awal gila), I dah tak larat nak jalan-jalan at shopping malls. I don’t know how I used to do it when I was pregnant and younger. *sigh* I’m even trying to convince Hubby to chauffeur me to work. I get tired so easily nowadays, it’s super frustrating. And this cough from the durian (see my last post) is simply not going away. I really hope I recover soon.

Till the next blogpost, take care!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha i like how to subtly slipped A NEW CAR at the end there!! all the best with the baby girl lizzie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moga Allah permudahkan semuanya buat puan 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for next update (Baby AY's arrival). Alos, can I add nursing pillow to the list? Hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...