Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Ian's First Concert



So so so proud of my baby boy. He has definitely come a longggggg way; from daily begs of “I don’t wanna go (to) school”, to dancing in his first ever concert!

In his recent parent teacher report card session, his teacher reported that she was very impressed with his development, progress, focus and social skills. Especially since this is his first year in school. Pegang pencil (motor skills) pun macam someone who has been to school for a few years. I have personally witnessed the focus bit a few times as well; sometimes I ask Aiden to do something tapi Aiden masih in lala land so Ian jumped in to immediately do it. *chuckles*

Hence it came as no surprise to me, that he focused and dutifully followed his teacher’s instruction to not tell his parents about his upcoming concert nor show off his steps by practicing at home. (It was meant to be a surprise.) I only found out about it when a fellow mum shared a photo of Ian in concert practice at school. That same afternoon, I asked him about his ‘concert practice’ and his gave me a surprised face; “How did you know! It’s supposed to be a surprise!” *giggles* We tried to coax him into showing off his dance moves, but as expected, he declined!

Of course after his Babang pujuk berkali-kali, he showed off snippets of it. He eventually showed off from start to finish to my helper, who recorded it for us. But up until the actual concert, I never figured out what song he was supposed to dance to. And when I received his outfit a few days before the actual concert day, I became even more flabbergasted. It was a printed sheer top paired with leather pants. Macam gigolo outfit pulak! Ok, definitely not wearing this ever again, baby! *chuckles*

His sheer top outfit, and leather pants. I think the leather pants is probably better suited for Baby AY!

The morning of the concert, we drove to Sri KDU bright and early. It was a new location for Real Kids’ concerts because the old location was closed for renovation. I was quite disappointed though; not only was the hall poorly lighted with flat elevation seats (not tiered), but also because they didn’t allow early birds to enter the hall. By 9am, the entrance of the hall was completely packed with kiasu parents just waiting for the doors to open. No way was this very pregnant lady in any shape and form to battle for good seats! Really frustrating.

Thankfully my helper tagged along (cos Hubby was away in Palestine - save that story for another day), so she managed to get us pretty decent seats a few rows from the front. 

The Greatest Showkids!

It turned out to be a remake of the Greatest Showman. Honestly, I did not watch the movie because Hubby hates musicals, hence memang tak tau head or tail of the story line. (I have since made an effort to watch it, love love love it!) All the songs the kids danced to originated from the movie. The first show was the title song; it was so beautifully done by the six years old, I felt tears spring into my eyes. Such a vibrant and energetic performance!

The opening song. Well done kiddos!

Ian’s show was the third from the end, so I had a lot of time to fiddle with my camera and such. Because of the poor lighting, my camera was producing really horrible photos. In the end I had to depend fully on my iPhone. This heavily preggy mummy actually kneeled on the floor in front of the stage to film the whole thing, and even had troubles standing up afterwards. *chuckles* And without Hubby around, I had to prioritize on taking a video instead of photos, so apologies for the shaky photos below.

Ian performed so well! He did not forget even a single step. Instead he actually prodded a fellow friend to remind him of the next move... twice! Bossy much *chuckles* Since his show was a combination of boys from two classes, I was not happy that his class was chucked at the back. Dah la Ian pendek, but he was constantly at the back of the formation. Nevertheless, he gave it his best and I am a super proud mummy. And, I was pleasantly surprised when he took center stage right at the end! Oh how I wish Hubby was there to witness how Ian has blossomed so much!

Check out that curly hair!

Best shot I could get.

Ian took center stage at the end of the show! #proudmum

They ended the concert by singing the Real Kids song. Ian was in the front line, but crappy pictures, as usual. I miss the old concert grounds! 

Can you spot Ian? Hint - front left.

After the concert, they released the kids and when I found Ian, I gave him a huge hug and kiss. Was so impressed with how the teachers handled his hair do; bed hair messy and even sprayed slightly in pink! *giggles* Actually, I think most of the costumes this year are really beautiful; the girls in his class wore a beautiful purple gown complete with gloves and a sheer stole. 

Posing with Dafiya and Maryam.

Happy faces after the concert.

Well done Ian! We are all so proud of you. Can’t wait to see you blossom even further next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...