Friday, September 30, 2016

Final Week of Renovation!

I am literally having heart palpitations as I'm typing this. We're exactly a week from the date! Although the bulk of the renovations are done, but there are still so many minute tasks that have not been completed.

My renovation contractor is going full speed at trying to complete everything as soon as possible. I know they're trying really hard so kudos to them. It's great when you've developed such a personal relationship with the team - somehow you are reassured that your home is in good hands.

This afternoon the ID consultant will be coming to decorate and revamp the new living hall hence the house needs to be cleared out and cleaned by then. Tomorrow the gardener is coming to spruce up the garden, hence the great outdoors need to be cleared out by then as well. With all the work left to do, I don't know whether these datelines can be met. I guess we'll find out in a few hours. *sigh*

Anyway, I took some pictures of the empty house (I cleared as much as I could) yesterday, in preparation for the ID folks. Sharing them here with you!

The empty living room.

View from the front door. See how the patio is now the dining hall? Note that we explicitly told our renovation contractor to maintain our DIY wainscoting wall!
'
New wainscoting wall from our renovation contractor. We also moved the hallway chandelier to this living hall.

Our dining hall. We moved our long chandelier from the attic to this dining hall.

Timber separator to demarcate the dining hall from the hallway.

I don't know whether I'll have the time to blog about the house post revamp, as I'll probably be pulling my hair out, freaking out about hosting guests at our home for my sister in law's wedding. But I promise to do so once the event is done and dusted. Wish me luck!

11 comments:

  1. yes please do share. it's exciting to see the progress.
    anyway if u don't mind can share your contractor? we are staying in shah alam and looking to make an office attic. we have been in touch with an ID but not too sure with their contractor.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I highly recommend my renovation contractor. They've been doing all our renovations since we moved in to our home. Check out their IG: Ldcwijrah or FB: LDC Design-Built. Best of luck with the renovations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chandeliers are gorgeous, especially the long chandelier from the dining hall. It goes well with the wainscoating wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I happen to think that the long chandelier is a bit too small (width wise, not length) for the size of the room. Tapi takde budget to buy new. Recycle lah whatever we can ;)

      Delete
  4. Ya Allah cantiknya kak rumah. Excited nak tengok after this bila da siap mcm mn mesti lagi cantik.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe thank you Liz! InsyaAllah I'll put the after photos up. Belum ada masa nak pick and choose hehe

      Delete
  5. I saw your photos on your ID designer's IG..very nice..love the makeover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I love our Interior Designer's work. It was simply amazing to see how he transformed our living hall into something soooo different in just a few hours!

      Delete
  6. Looks great! I especially love your long chandelier. When I was redesigning my bathroom I searched for a contractor I could trust; not just to do the work properly but trust to have in my family’s home. It's so important to have good people, don't you think? My remodel was nothing so grand as yours though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...