Thursday, June 18, 2015

Last Pre-Ramadhan Lunch Splurge at Iketeru, KL Hilton

I know I really shouldn't be posting up pictures of food during Ramadhan. But yesterday (the day before Ramadhan), I started spotting. But it was so light, hence I rushed home to shower and got ready for the first terawih. Oh I was so excited to kick start my Ramadhan... but somehow I wasn't completely convinced that I could solat (if you know what I mean). So as I was walking to the Surau, I texted a couple of neighbours and asked for their opinion. All of them said "Mane boleh solat!!! You dah kira start cycle dah nie..."

Dejected, I walked back home. In the background, I could hear the bilal giving the call to terawih prayers. And my eyes welled up in tears. *sigh*

Anyway, layankanlah saya yang hormonal nie. Here are pictures of our last pre-Ramadhan splurge at Iketeru in KL Hilton. Iketeru is located on the 8th floor of the KL Hilton, on the same floor as the hotel's swimming pool. I was very impressed with the facade of the restaurant - they even had their own waterfall! I don't think many restaurants in KL can boast that!

Iketeru is reputed as one of the best Japanese restaurants in KL. Reviews I read claim that their fish is air flown from Japan, and is exceptionally fresh.


Iketeru KL Hilton

The beautiful waterfall.

We didn't make any reservations, so we had to wait a few minutes before they could assign us a table. If you are coming with a big group, suggest you book well ahead. The ambiance of the restaurant was very pleasant. It was quiet enough for a conversation, even as the restaurant started filling up. 

Apart from seats inside overlooking the waterfall, you can also choose to dine outside - which is rather romantic in the evening. They also have private rooms that offer traditional floor seating. Since we went for lunch, we decided to have their lunch set (and there were at least 20 sets to choose from)! You can also supplement your lunch set from the ala-carte menu, which offers an array of sushi, sashimi, teppanyaki, tempura as well as desserts.

The private rooms for those who prefer a more intimate setting.

The menu.

Service was efficient and courteous. I was especially impressed, because when my sashimi arrived, it included octopus (Tako).. and I don't eat octopus! Considering it had already been served, I decided to still risk asking whether the chef could change it with... erm salmon? And they graciously conceded! 

The edamame was exceptionally good, lightly salted and just nice.

We ordered soft shell crab maki to supplement our meal. It was really good.

My lunch set - Beef Teppanyaki with Sashimi (~RM123). Sashimi not seen here,

The beef was good. But I preferred the sashimi.

I am usually quite hopeless at identifying sashimi, but at the very least I identified Salmon, Tuna... and White Fish? With wasabi at the side.

We also ordered mochi for dessert. I was shocked when the mochi arrived... such small pieces and it tasted so plain. Only the red bean paste offered some sense of sweetness to the meal. Kampachi Mochi wins, hands down!

My verdict? The sashimi was soooooooooooooo good. It was so fresh, and with a dollop of wasabi and soy sauce, it literally melted in my mouth. If I come here again, it would definitely be just for the sashimi. Probably with Hubby to take advantage of the romantic night setting.

Just be aware of the hefty charges. In their defence, top grade food deserves a top rank price tag. Just to give you a feel - our green tea was charged at RM12 per serving. Good news, if you pay with a CIMB or CIMB World card, you get 10% or 15% off respectively.

Now back to Ramadhan. Selamat berpuasa everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Genji at PJ Hilton is superb. but beware of the hefty price tag. hence we always ended up either at Kampachi or Rakuzen. Selamat berpuasa Lizzie! kitrg esok baru start puasa 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear. Ooohhh never tried Genji before. I guess all Japanese food come with a hefty price tag, heh? Hehehe selamat berpuasa to you too. :)

      Delete
  2. I had my pre-ramadhan lunch at KL Hilton too! My colleagues and I went for the buffet line ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Lili. Ooohhh the buffet line is good too. So much choices! Selamat berpuasa to you and family ;)

      Delete
  3. Craving Japanese food right now thanks to this!!!! Selamat Berpuasa to you Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe sorry!!! Not to be read before 7pm :P Selamat berpuasa to you too! Hope you get some Japanese for berbuka :)

      Delete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...