- All day long, I wash cups, glasses and more cups. Why can't Aiden drink for instance, milk and then plain water from the same cup? Why two cups for two different liquid textures and colours?
- High speed direct nozzles are not good for washing dishes. They make the water splatter everywhere, giving you a free shower too - from your midriff below! Rainwater nozzles that spread out are sooo much better.
- Why does rice take ages to cook? Especially when you have a six year old who's hungry for after school lunch and you forgot to press the 'ON' button on the rice cooker? Also what's the point of a 'quick cook' button on the high-tech rice cooker if it cannot make rice in under 15 mins?
- A good mop squeezer (whatever they call that thing to squeeze water from the mop) is a must have. Didn't realize mine was broken. Squishing excess water from your mop using your hand is
- Obviously, plants need to be watered daily. But why can't it just rain on the days that I am too busy to water the plants and save me the hassle? (By the way, farewell pokok bendi. I'm sorry you were too dehydrated to survive. *cries*)
- Similarly, why does it have to rain when it's laundry day?
- This mountain you call laundry - does it every shrink? *sarcasm*
- Apparently my super efficient maid irons our home t-shirts too (alah, those baggy oh-so-comfy t-shirts good for lazing around). Which is why they are always nicely folded flat and take minimal space in the closet (and why our electricity bill has gone through the roof). Hence.... that's why I can't seem to be able to fit my laundry in my bulging closet!
- Let's talk about missing socks in the washing machine. You know what, maybe not. Let's not jinx it cos I haven't lost any. Hurray!
- I hate washing take away boxes, especially the oily ones. You know the clear microwaveable type? I wish I can just throw them out but I am too kiasu to do that sometimes. *sigh*
- I just went through a whole roll of disposable kitchen towels in under one week. Perhaps a cloth is more economical?
- Last but not least, I had a whole target of losing weight during this 3-week maid-less period. I even bought apples, kononnya to eat for dinner. In the end, the apples were left untouched, and worse - I started snacking between house chores! Wash dishes... (oh, let's have an Oreo)... lipat kain... (ooohhh, a bite of chocolate wouldn't hurt)... water the plants... (hmmm, after that 'workout' I think I deserve a cheese toast)... you get the gist! *chuckles*
|My new so called hi-tech rice cooker!|
Three more days till my maid returns (hopefully?) ....