Monday, September 20, 2010

Gathering with the Cuzzies

Just a few days after the tiring trip balik kampung, it was time for our yearly dose of open houses! However, it was a bit hard trying to find something presentable for Aiden to wear. After nearly a week of being away from home, most of his baju raya were either in the laundry basket, or hanging on the clothes line. As for me, I was really excited to get out of baju kurung and wear my kaftan instead! I purchased this kaftan from Ampang Park. It was ready made and I was happy to pay that small amount compared to the exhorbitant price Hatta wanted to charge me for a similar design (with a bit of extra beading, though).

Anyway, this first invite came from my aunt, and since it was held in KL on the 5th of Syawal, it was a fairly relaxing drive from Ampang to Petaling Jaya . The roads of KL were literally empty!

Good weather and good food, what else could we have asked for? After filling our tummies with the all-you-can-eat ais kacang, kuey teow and ayam masak merah, it was of course camwhoring time! Having tons of girl cousins, we cannot resist the tempation to snap away, some even making it a point to use their BB to snap pictures so that "it can be transferred to Facebook straight away"! Such tech savvy girls, we are...

The buffet was held outside, and I happened to notice a lot of onlookers staring at me. No, I am not being perasan or anything. Apparently, the white slip underneath that came with the white kaftan was oh-so-see-through (it looked okay when I tried it at home), so after that I kept myself confined to sitting at the table, or I sat inside the house, away from direct sunlight.

Hubby, taking care of Aiden while Mummy eats (we have to take turns to eat nowadays, depending on his mood).

The young cousins starting the camwhore session while the older generation aunties gossip at the back.

Apparently we are noisy, if not noisier, than the older generations.

I couldn't even finish my drink without a camera being pointed in my direction.

Candid shot.

First decent shot. And then I realised that my hair was up (the sun was blazing hot!) so I ran all the way to the ladies to make myself more presentable.

He has my eyes... (and probably my nose).

Add one cousin...

Add two more cousins...

Add another cousin (the camwhoring gene is in our bloods!)...

Minus two, add two...

Not contented with just sitting down, we then stood.

Then everyone wanted to join in!

Then Aiden was passed to Daddy...

....while Mummy continued posing with the other inside.

Pose for Facebook!

Three crazy cuzzies...

The best pose for the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...