Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Fans of Daiso

I get so overwhelmed whenever I step into Daiso.

For starters, the shop is stuffed with things. Secondly, most of them are written in Japanese so I have to pick up each product and read the small English description at the back. And of course, there are so many products displayed that I cannot afford to pick up each and every item that catches my eyes.

Hence I stick with things that I know from sight, such as baking pans, spatulas, cookie cutters... even decorative boxes! 

Recently, I joined a Facebook page called "Fans of Daiso" where members review and recommend items that they purchase. They would rave about items that they love, provide pictorial testimonials and even post real time updates when certain products are stocked up. From then on, I started looking at Daiso in a whole different light!

Last week, I stepped foot into Daiso and started hunting for the recommended items. Here's my loot:

The over glorified egg timer.

This is such a hotttttt item in the Facebook page discussions. Everyone is looking for it, and everyone who has one swears by it. I was extremely intrigued by how such a simple item could drive people to start hunting for it in Daiso outlets at other countries, while some would pay a premium to get hold of it. It is almost always sold out in Singapore. So I started stalking for it too. When I eventually found it during my second Daiso trip, I was sooooo happy! (I am officially as Daiso-crazy as the other members now!) Can't wait to try it out.

Window cleaning sheets, kitchen grease sheets, microwave and washing machine cleaner,

More items to help you at home! Some members swear by the window cleaning sheets. Not only does it clean windows, it removes water stain marks too. However some complained of dried markings on the window after cleaning. As for the kitchen grease sheets, apparently they make cleaning the stove so much easier. The washing machine is another hot item, I saw pictures reviews of how much fluff and dirt the cleaner managed to extract... *shudders* Last but not least, the microwave oven cleaner comes with a sponge; just wipe your microwave using the sponge and it becomes sparkling clean. I have yet to try them all... so I can't say much.

Melamine sponge, bear shaped pan and silicone tongs.

They don't call this the "Magic Eraser" for nothing - the melamine sponge can be used to clean tough stains such as stained grout and tiles, tarnish on silver and sometimes even rust. Bear shaped pan for Aiden's pancakes. I also bought colourful food picks (not in picture), hoping it would inspire me to start making bento for Aiden's lunch.

As for the silicone tongs - simply push the sides of the tongs together and you can lock them in place by just pulling the ring at the top. Very sturdy too. Such a steal for RM5!

Sponge rack and soapsuds dispenser.

I hate how my maid would leave the sponge just by the sink. The rack makes it much more organized (and clean)! As for the soap suds dispenser, according to the instructions, add some liquid soap and lukewarm water and you get soapsuds! 

Steamer and steaming cloth... for my dim sum!

Unfortunately, the steamer was a bit flimsy. Ian got hold of it and actually managed to tear the cover apart. But the steaming cloth is good... for steaming pau, dim sum or vegetables. Keeps your steamed items dry from the steam.


Lemon spray and cap resealing.

Simply cut the top of your lemon, screw the lemon spray in and you can spray lemon onto your salad. Since Hubby loves to drink water infused with lemon, I decided to give this a try and see if it works - just to give an extra boost of lemon in the drink. Some claim that it doesn't work. Looks like it's a waste of RM5 then! As for the cap resealing, members usually use it for flour. I bought it to reseal Aiden's Koko Krunch, cos it's such a nuisance to keep tying it up airtight after opening.


Foot patch, detergent for woman and sticky ear cotton buds.

Members claimed that the sole sap sheets would be wet when they wake up the next morning. Sore joints would be cured, and they feel fresh. Hubby and I tried it out and when we woke up, mine wasn't wet but his was damp. Both were certainly stained with "toxins". The blue ones are apparently the best seller. The detergent for woman is excellent for washing delicates (or even the sink) when it is that time of the month. I can vouch for this - minimal scrubbing required to get rid of the "colour", even on towels. The sticky ear cotton buds are used for cleaning babies/kids' ears (brilliant idea!)... no need to dig and scrape anymore. The ear wax will supposedly stick to the adhesive.

Shopping at Daiso is suddenly so therapeutic. *grins* I still have a longggg shopping list of items that I have yet to purchase. But I'm going to try all of the above items first, before I go for my next Daiso shopping spree. Hope I have inspired you to start shopping at Daiso. That's what fellow shopaholics are for! *chuckles*

14 comments:

  1. And you should try to shop at Mr. DIY too.. Itu lagi menggila..
    Go to the kid's section.. Macam-macam Ada for them that they will enjoy to do.. And cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Aisha... I know what you mean. Mr DIY tuh memang kalau masuk rasa macam semua murah, semua nak beli. Kalau Aiden tengok the arts and crafts section lagi pengsan. Walaupun lebih kurang RM3 jer per piece, tapi kadang kadang dia nak beli 10 sekali harung!

      Delete
  2. hello hi there im new here and i love reading ur blog :)
    petang ni macam nak gi daiso la haha
    have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fieza, thanks for reading my blog. Bila dah ade shopping list macamnie, memang confirm la ade rasa macam kena pegi Daiso dan dan tuh jugak. Hehehe ;)

      Delete
  3. Salam blogwalking...melamine /magic sponge always be the reason I have to pay a visit at daiso and buy something elses...hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wsalam MumMe... yeayyyy finally an honest testimonial from a reader. So the melamine/magic sponge really works?? Any other Daiso products that you want to recommend? I really want to try it out but I haven't found the time to do so! Huhu...

      Delete
  4. Trips to Daiso is always fun but I always get out of control when I go to Daiso so every time I go there I always make sure that I don't carry extra cash in my purse :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... like I said, Daiso used to be so overwhelming. But now... there are actually so many things to buy!! Maybe I should stay away from Daiso... extra cash or not hehehehe. Good luck with your next shopping trip!

      Delete
  5. Bila I pergi Daiso, I dun even know what those things are for but they just look so cute hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes betul, I pun tak tau what those things are for. Dah la tulis in Japanese, so I have to squint to read the label and English instructions (if any). But some things they sell are just so adorable... and suddenly you have ten things in your basket and there goes RM50... poof! Hehe

      Delete
  6. magic eraser tuh sangat magic hokey . moon pnah beli ...moon banyak pinggan n gelas putih . So kadang ada nampak cam cmot ...sental sket je mmg putih berseri kembali

    kadang dlm teko ada coffee stain ke apa ....takder masalah ...sental je terus hilang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waaaahhh Kak Moon! Another trusted testimonial. Terus tak sabar nak balik rumah try magic eraser! Rupa rupanya ramai yang dah tahu and guna melamine sponge tuh... Liz yang ketinggalan boat eh hehehe...

      Delete
  7. Salam Puan Liz,

    You had me at Magic Eraser. I am now determined to drop by Daiso Avenue K and conduct my RM5 test!

    Thank you *cheeky grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's magiccccccc! Hehehe try it out and let me know whether it works! *cheeky grin*

      Delete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...